How do we create that just and righteous system?
Personally I am tired of focusing on all that is wrong. I too easily get overwhelmed with the work to do, or a deep sense of despair. That does not get me into action.
Love, hope possibility – they all provide the energy to get me moving.
What is the inspiration that will pull me forward? What is my vision of a world that is possible that will inspire me – and others?
I am inspired…
- by the interconnectivity of technology, the internet, twitter (which I don’t yet know how to use!) – all that social media. Having access and information about what is happening all over the world, so that we can support each other with our actions and resources;
- that a community’s “connective tissue” is the key determinant in how it survives an extreme weather event – the small local businesses and common spaces where neighbors meet and get to know each other;
- by amazing new trends – that half of Scotland’s energy, and much of Germany’s, is now from renewable sources;
- by the success of the 300,000 Ogoni people who staged an historic non-violent protest against Shell’s “ecological wars” and forced Shell to pull out of Ogoni territory, in Nigeria;
- by a moratorium on fracking approved by the New York State Assembly
- that the environmental justice movement and the environmental movements are connecting the dots and bringing diverse people together to call for “System Change, Not Climate Change.”
- that many indigenous cultures have managed to safeguard their ways of relating to the world and to each other; and, that these intellectual “seeds” are again being planted and sprouting in the fertile soil of contemporary, inquiring minds
There is so much that is possible, many reasons to be hopeful, and, much work to be done. Whether the work is big or small – it all matters.
Everything affects everything. We are all tied together!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Read the good news about our world!
- YES! Magazine: Powerful Ideas, Practical Actions www.YESMagazine.org
- Good News Network an antidote to the barrage of negativity experienced in the mainstream media. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
- HuffPost Good News – check out the many links on the bottom of the page! www.huffingtonpost.com/good-news
ALLOW YOURSELF TO BECOME INSPIRED
- Share your dreams and visions with your friends. What do you love? What is important to you?
- Take a risk and do something “good.” Notice the response and how you feel!