We are gentle people-- heartbroken people
Caught in the midst of a seemingly endless violence.
Snipers – provocateurs creating violence, fan the flames of fear.
This cannot be the way into our future.
I want to take to the streets
Not only to protest fear or to protest violence…
But to speak up for peace, compassion, deep listening – and sanity.
What are your relationships?
Are you in right relation? (The Hopi Elder)
We are all caught in this senseless web of violence –
that does not reflect our deepest values.
Create your community.
Be good to each other.
And do not look outside yourself for your leader.
all this violence and fear is not just from one lone sniper.
Fear the provocateurs -- those who seed, nurture and protect violence
- Arms manufacturing that profits multinational corporations
- Assault weapons in civilian life
- Lobbying by the National Rifle Association
- The militarization of local police
- Racism that is inherent in our society
- Fear that is spread by the sensationalism of the media
but are all linked – through a web that does not support life.
Active Hope is….
Being peaceful -- in word and deed
Discovering our strength – together
Speaking up for fairness, justice and the general welfare
Speaking up for the future of all children.
The time of the one wolf is over. Gather yourselves!
Banish the word ‘struggle’ from your attitude and your vocabulary.
All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.
We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. (The Hopi Elder)
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Remember what it is that you love
- Open your heart and feel the pain
- Open your eyes to the truth
- Go forth, using reflection and wisdom to create actions to heal our world